Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let there be Blog!

So this is my first blog. No idea what I'm doing. And at the risk of being labeled a cheesy bandwagon jumper, I admit that I decided to start my own blog after watching the movie Julie & Julia. And yes, I'm a guy (my wife forced me to watch it...kinda). Embarrassing intro aside, I thought I'd blog about something interesting - like my Blackberry, or perhaps cell phones in general.

Cell phones are fascinating to me. I remember my first cell with Sprint back in the mid-90's when I was in college, and it's amazing how much the technology has changed. And my needs and preferences have changed with it over time. It's ironic that I felt like I needed a cell back then to stay more in touch with friends and family, but after I got one, I became notorious for not returning calls and calling my friends up sporadically at best (this has improved slightly over time). I guess I'm not much of a phone conversation guy. So I justified the monthly payment to myself as a contingency for emergencies. And that made me happy.

I've made my rounds with carriers over the years - Sprint, Cingular, AT&T, Verizon, and now back to AT&T. I've always lived on the East Coast so coverage was never really an issue, since all carriers seem to have made steady improvements here. Phone devices, on the other hand, have changed dramatically. What made me happy back then wouldn't make the cut today, because the number and types of features available in today's phones are mind boggling compared to my first Sprint PCS phone.

Today, I am the proud owner of a Blackberry Bold 9000 with AT&T service. Had it for about a month now and I'm happy with it so far. But I'm still learning how to use the phone, so I'm looking forward to sharing my mobile adventure here with all of you and hopefully pick up a few tips myself along the way.

Best,

pkcho

No comments:

Post a Comment