Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Blackberry Clock

A friend recently mentioned that he is working on a stopwatch program, because his Blackberry Curve didn't have one. At the time I thought that was odd since I've had that feature on older, less sophisticated phones. I looked into this later and found that my Bold has a Clock application under the Applications folder. When you ball-click on the app icon (shape of a clock), it displays a clock face with the current date and time (face can be configured to one of three styles). Pressing the Menu button reveals four functions: Set Alarm, Enter Bedside Mode, Stopwatch, and Timer.

So I can use the Set Alarm and Bedside Mode to wake me up in the morning. Stopwatch gives me something to time with, which would be great for runners (and I am happily not one of them). And the Timer feature gives me a countdown, which would be great for limiting a person's time during turn-based games.

No comments:

Post a Comment